How to Get Abs Fast
Expert Tips from Trainer Kami
- Eat clean: Choose low sugar and low-calorie options when planning your meals. Try adding lean meats, fruits, veggies, and drinking lots of water.
- Exercise: Use exercise moves that target your abs–such as planks, sit ups, and HIIT training to increase fat burn.
- Try out the Free IdealShape for Life 15 Day Challenge to jump start your nutrition and workouts and start seeing some results.
How to Get Abs Fast
So you want to know how to get abs fast, eh? Let me tell you–it won’t be a walk in the park, but we can get you on the right path to finding those abs you’ve always wanted to see.
When it comes to losing weight, most of us focus on subcutaneous fat, which is the fat that congregates under the skin and is most visible. This is the stuff that’s hiding your abs from your eyes. Let’s talk about how to lose that fat and get abs fast!
I always start with eating habits when someone comes to me wanting to lose weight. There are foods that can help you get abs fast, and there are foods that can hide your abs faster than you can say, “Extra fries with that!”
What to Eat to Get Abs Fast
First, let’s talk glucose and fructose. Glucose and fructose combine to make sucrose (sugar!) but both are pretty unhealthy for you. Studies show that eating too much of either can cause weight gain, but high fructose corn syrup is hurting you even more when it comes to getting those washboard abs. In this study, they showed that diets containing glucose and fructose wielded similar weight gain results, but the weight from fructose tended to congregate in the abdomen as belly fat.
If you want to get those toned and chiseled abs of your dreams, you’ll need to stop drinking your calories. Try to cut out calorie (and sugar) rich sodas, alcoholic beverages, and other specialty drinks. Chug water all day–I suggest drinking half your body weight in ounces of water. So if you weigh 200 pounds, I want you drinking 100 ounces of water daily.
As far as foods you’re eating, you can get abs fast by eating clean. Get rid of the grease, the high sugar, high-fat foods, and anything processed. Try out whole grain breads and pastas, fruits and vegetables, and lean proteins. These are my favorite foods to eat for fat loss around those abs:
- Leafy Greens
Which Exercises Are Best to Get Abs Fast?
When it comes to exercising, there are a lot of different types of exercises that strengthen your core muscles. If you want to get abs fast you are going to have to burn the fat that’s hiding them. Total body strength training is your best bet for building lean muscle and stripping away the fat from your abs. Losing the fat is the first step, and toning up your abdominal muscles is the next step.
To tone up those abs, here’s a list of the best exercises for targeting that specific area:
- Planks, Lateral Planks, and Mountain Climbers – These exercises are designed to force you to support your weight from the elbow or push up plank position. They focus on stabilizing core muscles and strengthening your back and hips in the process.
- Sit Ups/Reverse Crunches – One of the most common ab exercises, sit-ups, specifically targets the six pack muscles. You should constantly be increasing the amount and type of exercise you are doing force the muscle to adapt. Adding an exercise ball or foam roller to these exercises will make them more challenging.
- Dumbbell or Kettlebell Swings – This exercise is more dynamic and requires you to incorporate more muscles than just your abs but the results you will feel and see are unmatched. The act of swinging a DB or KB and having to keep your core stable and strong will force them to work overtime. Not too mention, this exercise helps work several muscle groups for even more calorie burn.
You should also incorporate other exercises to burn fat. Your metabolism boils down to two things: muscle mass and heart rate. Let’s get that heart rate up! I want you to be incorporating cardio, interval training, or HIIT workouts. HIIT is a high-intensity interval training. Basically, you’ll go really hard on an exercise for a set amount of time, and then rest for a short amount of time, just to get back into the exercise again!
Ready to Get Abs Fast?
You’ve got the tools to find the abs of your dreams, are you ready to get moving? If you want to see exercises demonstrated and follow along with me, check out my 15 Day IdealShape for Life Challenge and sign up for free! You’ll also get delicious recipes that can help you unearth those abs, too. I’m so excited to share my workout plan and meal plans for weight loss with you. If you have any questions about weight loss or getting abs fast, drop them in the comments and my team and I will be sure to answer them!
Powered by WPeMatico