The Role of Dairy and Gluten in Canker Sores
Does excluding dairy products, food additives, and gluten-containing grains from one’s diet help those with recurring canker sores (aphthous ulcers)?
Subscribe to Dr. Greger’s free nutrition newsletter at http://www.nutritionfacts.org/subscribe and get a free excerpt from his latest NYT Bestseller HOW NOT TO DIE. (All proceeds Dr. Greger receives from his books, DVDs, and speaking directly support NutritionFacts.org).
Other ways to help prevent future outbreaks can include avoiding foaming agents in toothpaste (see Is Sodium Lauryl Sulfate Safe? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-sodium-lauryl-sulfate-safe/) and Is CAPB in SLS-Free Toothpaste Any Better?(https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-capb-in-sls-free-toothpaste-any-better/)) and in terms of treatment, see Topical Honey for Canker Sores (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/topical-honey-for-canker-sores).
I’ve also explored the role of gluten and dairy-free diets in autism:
• Autism & Casein from Cow’s Milk (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/autism-and-casein-from-cows-milk)
• Does A2 Milk Carry Less Autism Risk? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/does-a2-milk-carry-less-autism-risk)
• Gluten-Free Casein-Free Diets for Autism Put to the Test (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/gluten-free-casein-free-diets-for-autism-put-to-the-test)
• Are Autism Diet Benefits Just a Placebo Effect? (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/Are-Autism-Diet-Benefits-Just-a-Placebo-Effect)
• Pros and Cons of Gluten-Free, Casein-Free Diets for Autism (http://nutritionfacts.org/video/pros-and-cons-of-gluten-free-casein-free-diets-for-autism)
Should everyone avoid gluten? Check out:
• Is Gluten Sensitivity Real? (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/is-gluten-sensitivity-real/)
• How to Diagnose Gluten Intolerance (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/how-to-diagnose-gluten-intolerance/)
• Gluten-Free Diets: Separating the Wheat from the Chat (https://nutritionfacts.org/video/gluten-free-diets-separating-the-wheat-from-the-chat/)
Have a question about this video? Leave it in the comment section at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-dairy-and-gluten-in-canker-sores and someone on the NutritionFacts.org team will try to answer it.
Want to get a list of links to all the scientific sources used in this video? Click on Sources Cited at http://nutritionfacts.org/video/the-role-of-dairy-and-gluten-in-canker-sores. You’ll also find a transcript and acknowledgments for the video, my blog and speaking tour schedule, and an easy way to search (by translated language even) through our videos spanning more than 2,000 health topics.
If you’d rather watch these videos on YouTube, subscribe to my YouTube Channel here: https://www.youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=nutritionfactsorg
Thanks for watching. I hope you’ll join in the evidence-based nutrition revolution!
-Michael Greger, MD FACLM
• Subscribe: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/subscribe
• Donate: http://www.NutritionFacts.org/donate
• HOW NOT TO DIE: http://nutritionfacts.org/book
• Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NutritionFacts.org
• Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/nutrition_facts
• Instagram: http://instagram.com/nutrition_facts_org/
• Google+: https://plus.google.com/+NutritionfactsOrgMD
• Podcast : http://nutritionfacts.org/audio/
Powered by WPeMatico